Our Year 1 & 2 children are in Maple Class supported by Miss Richards, Mrs Hutchinson, Mrs Walker & Mrs Mindham.
Class code for Google Classroom:
This half term, our topic is ‘Once Upon a Time’. We will be exploring traditional tales, focusing on stories that include wolves! We will be reading the following texts:
- - Little Red Riding Hood
- - The Wolf’s Story
- - The Three Little Pigs
- - The True Story of the Three Little Pigs
- - Zog
- - Once we have read these stories, the children will have exciting opportunities to:
- - Create a “Wanted” Poster to catch the Big Bad Wolf
- - Write their own versions of The Three Little Pigs story
- - Write instructions on how to catch a wolf
We will explore the world around us by drawing our own maps, which will link to a variety of traditional tales. As part of this topic, we will become scientists by exploring different materials and their uses.
During Art lessons, the children will observe the work of Elisabeth Frink, looking closely at her sculptures. This will help to inspire the children to design and create their own clay animal sculptures.
In PE we are looking at traditional tales through dance together. In our Charanga music we are looking at how music makes the world a better place, using our listening and appraising skills.
In RE we will be exploring the key question together: What do Christians believe God is like?
This year's planning: